Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Fan Letters

Boy, we here at Kevin Fry Photography sure get a lot of fan mail! Just look at all those letters Marilyn is demurely sorting through! Hey, Marilyn! Why don't you pick out a good one that I can read back to our fans here on our blog?

Ahh, here we go. This one is from Patrick M. of Seattle, Wash. Little Patrick writes "Hi, Kevin. If you could shoot Lady Gaga what would you do? I'd tie her up and put her on the back of a horse."

Well, Lil Patty PoohPooh...it sounds like someone's been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption lately! But, to be honest, that's the best question I've got in a long, long time (other than that one my doctor asked me at last week's check-up. But let's not talk about that right here).

Lady Gaga, huh? First off, let me start by saying that Lady Gaga and I have two very important things in common. We both like goggles and we've both been overheard saying "Don’t ever call me Stefani again!" many, many times.

Other than that, the similarities fade and if you confuse her with me again, she'll probably not return your phone calls either. Although I will be tempted to try once more with the new iPhone's videocalling. I'll let you know how well that goes over in a few weeks.

So, although her music is far too Madonna-esque for me and I don't feel the need to surround myself with half-naked dancers quite as often while expressing myself, one thing I certainly do respect is her huge costumed presence. Visually, she sure is a lot of fun.

So, for a Gaga shoot, I'd naturally dress her up in one of those great 1900s black and white swimsuits that cover more of your body than not. Of course, I would put her in a men's one - just because. I'm sure she'll fill it out quite nicely, either way. Also, she'd be wearing a Hello Kitty pith helmet and would be at the circus. But none of this modern "motorcycle-in-the-ball-of-death" kind of circus. As cool as that is, this would have to be 1930s Dust Bowl circus where the circus tent not catching on fire and burning everyone within it is a circus feat all in itself. Oh, and she'd have Joran van der Sloot naked on a leash.

So, yep. That's what I would do if I got to shoot Lady Gaga, Patters.


Well...that, or I'd just attach 100 smiley face balloons to her. But I was kinda saving that one for Anne Hathaway. (Call me to schedule that one, Anne! You're going to look GREAT!)

-Kevin

2 comments:

Allison said...

I bet you never thought of a machine gun bra for her.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/119071

Kevin Fry Photography said...

She already did that.