Thursday, July 29, 2010

WARNING - THIS POST IS AWESOME!

Here at Kevin Fry Industries, safety is always a concern. Well, maybe not a TOP concern, but certainly there must have been SOME concern at some point in time, no? How else would that broken "Days Without Incident" sign in the hallway have gotten there? And, as we are just about to wrap up UV Safety Month and head into Cataract Awareness Month, it's important to take a moment to reflect on not only our forgotten subscription to the Safety-Month-of-the-Month Club, but also to all of the terrible or just pointless things we subscribe to.

From "People Magazine" and "Convenience Store News" to hollow Twitter posts, cute animal RSS feeds, stupid blogs, and just various schools of thought, we sure subscribe to quite a bit of information in these here modern '90s! It's a miracle if we can keep any of it straight! Hell, I still can't remember if it was 'The A-Team', 'Sex and the City 2', whichever 'Twilight' movie came out this year, or the 'Karate Kid' remake that was the worse Ben Stiller movie - they all look the same to me! (Except for the 'Twilight' movie - I'm pretty sure Ben Stiller's not in that.)

So, how do we keep a handle on all the ones and zeros constantly streaming into our heads? How can we differentiate between the awful and the awesome? If only there was some sort of official government label that was on products, helping us out!

Oh, wait! I've seen this before! Remember in 1985, when music albums began to be labeled for containing explicit lyrics? And while it was intended as a warning to parents, it only made the kids want the album even more and certainly didn't stop them from getting their hands on it? That's how we knew an album was going to be awesome! "Appetite for Destruction" vs Bruce Willis' "The Return of Bruno"?!?! Well, which one tells my parents that I shouldn't have it? Because that's the one I want! But 25 years ago has come and gone, and now those warning labels just don't have the same effect as they used to. What we need now are NEW labels!

And not just on music! Sure, I still need to know that the Ke$ha album isn't any better than Christina Aguilera's, but I also need to know which omelette I'm going to enjoy more for breakfast. And which beard I'd look better wearing this next season.

Yelp can't possibly cover ALL these things and I certainly can't be bothered with having to read through all those whiny reviews anyways - I need to know NOW how awesome this elevator ride is going to be! How awesome that iPhone is! And how awesome those pants are!

So, with this dire need in mind, I am releasing a whole set of awesome stickers scientifically designed to warn the public of the awesomeness before them.

Come on down to the studio on Thursday for ArtWalk and check them out. Pick up a few and then you can cover the world around you - cover it AWESOME!

August 5th
6pm-10pm
Studio O2
619 Western, 3rd floor
Come and get em

1 comment:

Linda said...

I don't know what Anne Hathaway stands for, but I think she's cute so I'm going to assume it's a positive response. I think you should make "Warning! This person is awesome!" t-shirts. Just saying.